Strong Chlorine Smell Sends Two Children to the Hospital

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EAST STROUDSBURG -- Two children were taken to the hospital after swimming in a pool in Monroe County.

The fire chief tells us there was a strong smell of chlorine in the pool area at East Stroudsburg High School South.

Crews checked for a leak but did not find anything.

The children were with the area YMCA program and had to be checked out for respiratory issues.

The building was aired out and is expected to be open Thursday.