Leaking Gas Grill Blamed for House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAKE TOWNSHIP -- Firefighters in Wayne County says a leaking propane grill sparked the flames at a home near Lakeville.

Crews were called to the home on Chipmunk Trail in Lake Township just before 6 p.m. Thursday.

The chief says the people living there had just turned on the grill, and the flames from the leaking hose quickly got out of control.

No one was hurt.

The homeowners tell Newswatch 16 they do have insurance.