LIVE High School Football Scores

Support, Opposition to President Trump in Luzerne County

WILKES-BARRE -- Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro has joined 16 attorneys general from across the country in opposing President Trump's executive order on immigration.

Shapiro, a Democrat, said Monday he is exploring all options.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of people applauding the executive order.

Most of Luzerne County voted heavily in favor of Donald Trump on Election Day, so we were interested if the controversy surrounding President Trump's first week has changed anyone's mind or if it solidified their support.

President Trump's first week in office has left people in Luzerne County with mixed feelings. On Election Day, people packed the polls in Luzerne County and the majority voted for Trump.

It seems Trump's supporters still support him.

"I think it is great. I think everything he is doing is right on target. I think he is keeping his promises and doing everything he said he would do," said Kathy Lasko of Wyoming.

But not all of them agree with his methods and some even offered advice.

"Just think things out," said one voter.

The president has had a controversial first week. He signed more than a dozen executive orders. Some of them, including the immigration ban against people from seven Muslim-majority countries, sparked protests.

"I don't trust him," said Tina Babich of Dallas. "I just think he is going to cause chaos. That is my thought, chaos. I didn't vote for him and I didn't want him to be president."

From the people we talked to, it seems like many are paying close attention to every move President Trump makes. Those who voted for him want him to succeed, and those who voted against him are still very much frustrated.

• This is what they do

9 of the original 24 comments deleted wow..

24 COMMENTS

DAVE
    i support trump
    7 1 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 9:18 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

GOOSE
    They’ve already started deleting these comments. It’s easy to pull up the archives as somebody else mentioned earlier. A lot of good, strong, and smart people here. Cheers
    2 2 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 10:24 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

YES AND YES
    Yes, I’ve been adding these pages to archive . Is erase the spaces. Then bookmarking the Archive pages where it keeps all cooments intact, they cant be erased. I And my friends might even go thru these trump reports here in days and weeks and copy and paste all original comments removed.
    1 0 Rate This
    JANUARY 31, 2017 AT 12:18 AM

GOOSE
    We are arguing with child mindsets that will go home to their financed $120k+ home, drink their “box of wine”, then proceed to delete our purposeful arguments. I’ve seen this before. Spread the truth to your neighbors, your friends, and above all… your families. They will continue to tear our society down while making us second guess ourselves. Because they refuse to see past their bank statements. Most of us don’t have an actual “side”. We want what is best for a strong community.
    10 3 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 7:41 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

GIVEMEABREAK
    I agree that I want what is best for our community as well and I am an independent, I just have a different opinion of what a strong community is. It definitely is not compromising what this country was built on because of terror.
    5 5 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 7:51 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

GOOSE
    I can somewhat agree with what you are saying here. There is always a difference that will separate us blamed on something other than what we actually know to be fact. This is where I am starting to speak out against things I know to not be true. My conscience would not let me leave it alone to let others get duped by misinformation. If my experience could save even one other person from loss? I will take that chance to be called any name or to be questioned. Thin skins don’t see this world in such a way. Those burdens are on the backs of the brave, the conscionable, and the mostly derelict of our silent majority that stands for the freedoms that we hold dear.
    1 1 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 8:24 PM

GIVEMEABREAK
    Thanks for saying what I have been feeling for months now. I have seen lie after lie told and feel the same way you do. I don’t care what happens, I have to stand up and speak the truth as well. I hate the 2 party system and the constant fear mongering and the manipulation of groups of people so one party or the other can keep their power at the expense of the American people and then act like they are doing it all for us. Don’t give up. You are right, if you can make at least one person think differently than it’s worth it. I am with you on this 100 percent. Just when I was loosing hope that there isn’t others out there.
    1 0 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 8:42 PM

GOOSE
    I am appreciative for the take away as well. There is no way that we should not be able to coexist even if we disagree. Heighten your senses and plausibility to those that would make you only have it “Their way”. If I wasn’t down with my life in America? I would just leave. Keep your culture.
    1 1 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 9:11 PM

JOEBOOSKI
    I hope the new president wears out his pen with new business.
    About time somebody has the nuts to carry out long overdue life saving measures.
    Thanks president Trump
    13 9 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 7:05 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

TODD GUNTHER
    Lots more balance today compared to Saturday and Sunday. Whoever is the Social Justice Warrior that was left in charge of the WNEP website who
    1) ignored every local story
    2) ignored the March For Life and
    3) ignored any sort of balance in having eight anti-Trump, pro-uncontrolled immigration stories at the top of the main news webpage,
    needs to spend the next month covering township supervisor meetings instead of playing Gunga Dan Rather, Keyboard Progressive Superhero.
    10 3 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 7:00 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

GOOSE
    Date Country City Killed Injured Description
    1972.04.14 USA New York, NY 1 3 Ten members of a local mosque phone in a false alarm and then ambush responding officers, killing one.
    1973.01.19 USA Brooklyn, NY 1 1 Muslim extremists rob a sporting goods store for weapons, gunning down a police officer who responds to the alarm.
    1973.07.01 USA Bethesda, MD 1 0 An Israeli diplomat is gunned down in his driveway by Palestinian terrorists.
    1973.07.18 USA Washington, DC 8 2 Nation of Islam members shoot seven members of a family to death in cold blood, including four children. A defendant in the case is later murdered in prison on orders from Elijah Muhammad.
    1973.10.19 USA Oakland, CA 1 1 Nation of Islam terrorists kidnap a couple and nearly decapitate the man, while raping and leaving the woman for dead.
    I could keep going…. This goes back to way before any of us were born, and we are still dealing with it today. It is a belief system that detriments any modern society, kills and tortures women, and will never assimilate to any culture but there own for longer that to wage a war on “Infidels”. TRUTH
    8 1 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 6:54 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

GOOSE
    “The religion of peace? Sure, a piece of you here, a piece of you there…” -George Carlin
    9 0 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 6:59 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

WARNINGFAKENEWS
    57% of the American people support this action by President Trump. The democrats are desperately searching for some sort of wedge issue. This isn’t it.
    16 10 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 6:42 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

[×] DONALD J. TRUMP (R)
    Give ’em hell Trumpy! Don’t stop for nobody. Keep up the good work. We finally have the 1st real President since Reagan.
    17 11 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 6:29 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

GIVEMEABREAK
    Didn’t Reagan amnesty almost 3 million illegals?
    2 4 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 7:00 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

HOCUSPOCUS13
    …and let’s not forget
    WET FOOT/DRY FOOT
    Obama shut down Cuban immigration just before he left office
    Leaving the Cubans in total chaos
    And having to dangerously turn their boats around and sail back to Cuba
    Fact Check it
    13 3 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 6:17 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

GIVEMEABREAK
    They weren’t vetted. Apples and oranges.
    5 4 Rate This
    JANUARY 30, 2017 AT 7:02 PM REPLY REPORT COMMENT

MAGICMIKEXXSM
    I would like to thank former President Barack Obama’s executive action imposing more thorough vetting for refugees traveling to the U.S. from Iraq and winning in the Supreme Court decision known as the ’Kentucky case’.
    That case was about this…….
    the Supreme Court upholding in 2011 former President Barack Obama’s executive action imposing more thorough vetting for refugees traveling to the U.S. from Iraq. The case, known as the “Kentucky case,” stemmed from two Iraqi refugees who were living in Kentucky and who were arrested in May 2011 for their alleged ties to building roadside bombs in 2005, the Washington Post reported.

• WarningFakeNews