There's been a lot of talks lately about healthcare in America with the new administration coming into Washington on Friday.
But no matter what President Trump and the Republicans want to do with the "Affordable Care Act," you may still have to sign up!
To help people navigate and better understand the process to apply for Obamacare, Wilkes University in Luzerne County is hosting a free event this weekend.
Newswatch 16's Ryan Leckey visited pharmacy students and staff Thursday to explain how the event will work and who it's geared toward.
- WHAT: Help to navigate/signup for "Obamacare"
- WHEN: Saturday, January 21
- TIME: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- WHERE: Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy which is located on the first floor of the Stark Learning Center on the Wilkes campus. Community members may park behind the Henry Student Center at 84 W. South Street in Wilkes-Barre.
- RESERVE YOUR SPOT: Individuals are encouraged to call 570-408-4290 to make an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome if space is available. For other questions/concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you can’t make Saturday’s event and you still want to sign up for the Affordable Care Act, you have until January 31. Free help is also available with "The Advocacy Alliance.” You can call 1-855-274-5626 to make an appointment/find a location near you.
For more details on Saturday's event, head here!