Hurricane Tracker: Follow Maria’s Powerful Path

Barn Gutted by Fire in Monroe County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JACKSON TOWNSHIP -- Smoking meat may have started a fire that damaged a barn in Monroe County.

Authorities say the flames sparked at a barn on Wellington Road in Reeders just before midnight Monday.

Officials believe the owner was smoking some hams at the time and the fire got out of control.

That barn is gutted after the fire in Monroe County.