Kitchen Fire Damages Home in Luzerne County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEWPORT TOWNSHIP -- A grease fire damaged a kitchen in Luzerne County.

Flames broke out at a double block home on West Enterprise Street near Nanticoke around 1 p.m. Monday.

A man says he was cooking lunch for his daughter when the fire started. Both got out okay.

The kitchen was heavily damaged, and the man cannot live there until repairs are made.

The people who live on the other side of the double block home can stay.