Danville is home to a mediterranean inspired restaurant Et Tu Bistro. Jackie Lewandoski stops in to see the chef prepare his delicious Paella. Plus, see how their mixologist makes a "mut-tini" as part of a fundraiser to help our furry friends.
Serving Size- 2 People
1 Spanish Onion-Small Diced 6 Shrimp 1 Pinch Saffron
1 Red Pepper-Small Diced 10 Clams/Mussels ½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 Ribs Celery-Small Diced 3 Links Spanish Chorizo-Cooked & Sliced ½ Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1 Bulb Fennel-Small Diced 1 Cup Shrimp/Seafood Stock 1 Tsp. Paprika
3 Cloves Garlic-Sliced Thin 1 Cup Tomato Juice
1 Cup Israeli Cous Cous or Rice 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- Place a large Sauté pan over medium high heat. Place a small amount of olive oil into the pan.
- Caramelize the onion and garlic in the hot oil. Being careful not to burn the onions and garlic.
- Add the fennel and red peppers. Sauté for 3-4 Minutes. Then add the Celery. Cook until celery is tender.
- Lower the heat to low.
- Add the dried spices and mix to combine.
- Put in the shrimp, mussels/clams and chorizo and let heat thru for 2-3 Minutes.
- Next add the cous cous or rice. Let toast for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add the stock and tomato juice. Let simmer until clams open and the rice/Cous cous is tender.
- If more liquid is needed to cook the cous cous or rice, add ½ Cup Liquid at a time.
- Paella is ready when almost all of the liquid is absorbed and the cous cous/rice is tender.
- Serve in a deep bowl and garnish with green onions and olive oil.