A new month is here and with it, the kickoff of the ninth annual "Fight Hunger" campaign at all Weis Markets in our area. Many stores are starting to roll out the project and it officially kicks into high gear on Thursday, September 8.
To date, the supermarket corporation has raised nearly a million dollars for local food banks in our area. The grocery store chain is also one of seven corporate sponsors of WNEP-TV's Ryan's Run which raises money for kids and adults with disabilities served by Allied Services. You can support WNEP's Ryan's Run at this link!
Newswatch 16's Ryan Leckey visited the Weis store in the Clarks Summit area Thursday morning to explain how people can get involved in the "Fight Hunger" campaign, the items you can donate, and the places that'll benefit.
- "Fight Hunger" will benefit local food banks and pantries throughout PA, MD, NJ, NY & WV.
- 100% of proceeds will be donated to area food banks in the form of gift cards to help fill gaps in food supplies.
- HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Donate shelf-stable items
- Purchase $2, $4 and or “Round-Up Donation” to the next whole dollar
- You can make a PayPal donation and/or learn more about the campaign by clicking here!