- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, roasted (substitute canned or frozen)
- 1 tsp basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1-2 Tbsp grated Parmesan, or more, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add lime juice, zucchini, corn, basil, oregano and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan.
Cheap & Healthy Salmon Cakes
15 min. Prep Time-10 min. Cook Time -25 min. Total Time
- 2 cups salmon, cooked (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Dressing for Dipping
- 1 cup whole fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix salmon, bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, green onions, garlic powder together in a large bowl; divide and shape into eight patties.
- Heat enough olive oil in a large skillet to cover the cooking surface over medium heat.
- Fry salmon patties in batches until browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Repeat with more olive oil, as needed.
- While salmon cakes cook, make yogurt dressing.
- In a medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, and dill. Stir until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.