Popular blogger, Christina Hitchcock of It is a Keeper, introduces her new e-book, Dinner 411 by sharing a recipe for Tex-Mex Oven Fried Pork Chops for the busy back to school routine. See below for recipe.
3 pounds boneless pork chops, thin cut
Salt and pepper
1 large egg
1/8 cup milk
3 cups corn flakes, crushed
2 teaspoons taco seasoning (Christina’s mix)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top of foil.
- Spray wire rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a shallow dish, whisk egg and milk together.
- In another shallow dish, combine crushed corn flakes with taco seasoning.
- Dip pork chops into egg mixture (coating both sides) then coat with corn flakes, making sure to press the crumbs onto the meat.
- Place coated chops on top of wire rack.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top of the chops and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160 degrees. The chops should be golden and crispy.