Vonz Restaurant is located in the Historic Tamaqua Railroad. The menu is a delicious eclectic mix with a southern twist created fresh by Chef and owner Yvonne Sidella. She creates her signature Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
1- c buttermilk
¼ c white wine
1 – c all-purpose flour
2- tsp smoked paprika
2- tsp garlic powder
2-tsp onion powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp white pepper
1 – slice smoked ham
1 – slice Swiss cheese
3 T – Olive Oil
2 – 6 oz chicken breast halves (pound to cutlets)
Fresh Chopped Parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Add olive into saute pan.
2. Combine buttermilk, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp onion power.
3. Mix flour, salt, pepper, remainder of smoke paprika, garlic powder and onion powder in a shallow dish.
4. Dredge cutlets in flour, then into buttermilk mixture, then back to flour.
5. Gently place cutlets into hot oil. Pan fry cutlets 3 minutes per side.
6. Add white wine to deglaze pan.
7. Place ham slice in oil heat through, place ham slice on top of the cutlets, place Swiss cheese on top of ham slice place remaining chicken cutlet on top of cheese. Secure with a toothpick.
8. Simmer sauce until thickened.
9. Place on dinner plate, cover with white wine sauce. Enjoy!