Fire Hits Wilkes-Barre Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WILKES-BARRE — Firefighters were called out Monday morning to a house fire in Wilkes-Barre.

It started around 10:30 a.m. in the home on Maxwell Street.

Firefighters said a person living there saw smoke in a clothes dryer and  tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher.

The fire chief said there was heavy smoke when they arrived.

No one was hurt.