Man Sent to Hospital After Flames Hit Double Block Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LANSFORD -- Flames sent a man to the hospital Tuesday night in Carbon County.

Authorities said fire started at a double block home on East Abbott Street in Lansford just before midnight.  Crews think the flames started in the back of one side of the home.

A family of five lives inside. The husband was taken to the hospital to be checked out for breathing in smoke.  Firefighters said the other four family members are safe.

A woman lives on the other side of the double block with her husband.  He was not home at the time but a neighbor woke the woman who ran to safety.

Neighbors said this is not the first time this home has burned.

"The place caught fire about six years ago. There was a fire there on Christmas Day. It must be bad luck there," said neighbor Gerald Steigerwalt.

A fire chief tells Newswatch 16 a cooking accident is to blame for the flames.  The red cross is helping the victims.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 98,389 other followers