Savory Summer Grilling Recipes
Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad with Rosemary & Lemon Marinated Grilled Shrimp
– Ingredients: Romaine Hearts (1 each), Vine Ripened Tomatoes (1 each), ½ cup Croutons, 3 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese, U 13-15 Shrimp, (3 each); ¼ cup Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic, 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest, 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice, 3 Tbsp finely chopped Fresh Rosemary, pinch of Kosher Salt, pinch of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, ¼ cup Caesar Dressing
Method of Preparation:
SHRIMP MARINADE: In a small mixing bowl add the olive oil, freshly chopped Garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, finely chopped rosemary and 1 tablespoon of Caesar dressing. Using a small whisk mix all ingredients until blended and set aside. You will now Peel & Devein the shrimp leaving the tail portion intact. Pat dry with paper towels and then add to the marinade. Place in a refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until ready to grill.
1. Using a sharp knife cut the heart of romaine in half lengthwise. Lightly brush with Olive oil and season with salt & pepper. On a pre heated grill place the cut face side down on the grill grates for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside on a clean plate.
2. Using a sharp kitchen knife remove core from tomatoes and cut into desired shape/size and set aside.
3. Remove shrimp from marinade and on a preheated grill begin to cook the shrimp until cooked all the way through. Remove from grill and set aside to begin preparing the salad.
Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Grilled Portobello Mushroom
-Ingredients: Portobello mushroom (2 each), 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, artichoke hearts (1 each 10 oz can), ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup cream cheese, 2 Tbsp sour cream, 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing, 1 Tbsp granulated garlic, 1 Tbsp onion powder, ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs, ½ cup Monterey Jack cheddar cheese, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sc.
Method of Preparation:
1. Remove stem from mushroom, evaluate and trim any dirt from stem. Finely chop steam and set aside. Using a tea-spoon remove some of the gills from the underside of the Portobello mushroom.
2. Defrost spinach and squeeze out any excessive water from spinach and set aside
3. Open can of Artichoke hearts and drain all liquid. Roughly chop artichoke hearts and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl add Cream Cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing, Parmesan cheese, Monterey Jack cheddar cheese, granulated garlic, onion powder and Worcestershire. Mix all ingredients together to a smooth and creamy consistency.
5. Take the chopped drained spinach, chopped artichokes, chopped mushroom stem and Panko bread crumbs and fold together with the cream cheese mixture until evenly blended.
6. Lightly brush the inside and outside of the Portobello mushroom with the olive oil. Split the spinach & artichoke mixture into two and stuff the inside of the Portobello mushroom.
7. Place the Portobello mushroom onto a pre-heated grill. Encapsulate the mushroom with aluminum foil and grill until filling is hot in center. This should take approx 10 – 12 minutes.
Courtesy: Chef John Koza at Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs