Cooking for Mom
A. Breakfast in Bed
1. Breakfast Quesadilla: Flour tortilla, 2 eggs, 1/2 c chopped ham, 1 tbs red onion, 1/4 c grated American cheese, 1 tsp fresh chopped cilantro, 1/2 c pico de gallo & top with mild salsa
– Scramble eggs, ham, onion in hot non-stick frying pan. Remove from pan.
– On plate, take tortilla and add cooked egg mixture, cheese, cilantro & pico de gallo to 1/2 of the tortilla shell.
– Fold over and grill in hot nonstick pan until golden brown on both sides.
– Top with salsa.
2. Old fashioned French Toast: 2 slices Texas Toast, 2 eggs, 2tbs milk, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla
– Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, cinn., & van. together.
– Coat toast with mixture.
– Grill over med heat in a nonstick skillet until golden brown.
– Serve with grilled Canadian bacon, fresh fruit & orange juice.
1.Craisin & Chicken Salad Croissant: 2lbs of Cooked chopped chicken,1/2 c mayo, 1/2 miracle whip salad dressing, 1/4 c chopped red onion, 1/4/c craisins, tsp celery salt.
-Combine all ingredients. Serve on Croissant and top with romaine lettuce.
2. Pecan Salad
Carmalized Pecans, Mixed field greens, craisins, crumbled blue cheese.
-Mix and serve with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Courtesy of: Sandi Brady, Event Planner Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org