WILKES-BARRE -- Two homes in Wilkes-Barre were heavily damaged by fire Wednesday morning.
Responders said the fire started on the back porch home on the corner of Maxwell Street and Pine Street around 4 a.m.
The fire at 36 Maxwell Street quickly spread next door to 38 Maxwell Street.
Flames could be seen shooting out the top floors of the homes. Crews believe the attic and second floor of both homes look destroyed.
A total of three people were inside both homes and escaped the flames. No one was hurt. The Red Cross is helping the three residents.
Firefighters said the fire was extinguished around 5:15 a.m.
Officials have not said what sparked the flames.