WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP -- The Lycoming County Coroner has determined the cause of death for the five people who died in a cabin near Montgomery on Saturday morning.
The Lycoming County coroner said Nathan Reece, 30; Jacqueline Stackhouse, 23; Nariah Hawkins, 9; Cadee Hawkins, 4; and Austin Cousins, 3; all died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The bodies were discovered by a friend. People gathered at the cabin on Friday night for a party.
Family members of the victims said the past 48 hours have been a blur.
Chelsea Brennan is the cousin of the two young girls who were killed. Brennan said her family is mourning the loss.
"With them being so young, even if they knew what was going on it's not like they really had a sense of what was going on. So, it's not like they knew to ask for help if they needed to. It's just heartbreaking with them being so young, they just didn't really know. Those are answers we're never going to have," said Brennan.
The families are planning funerals for their loved ones.
Brennan said the two girls did not have life insurance and the family is raising money for a proper funeral. They have started a go fund me account to help pay for expenses. You can donate here.
Police are still investigating the case, but the coroner said there will be no autopsy for the victims.