Newswatch 16's Lara Greenberg prepares a Matzah Brei for Passover Seder.
6 sheets of Matzah
½ stick of unsalted butter
- Break matzah into large pieces and put in a big bowl.
- Blanch matzah in hot water, making sure all pieces are wet.
- Once the matzah is soft, drain the matzah in a colander.
- Beat eggs in a separate, smaller bowl.
- Melt butter in pan on stove.
- Cover matzah in egg batter.
- Put matzah in pan, cook, and flip until matzah is golden brown.
- Serve with sugar (or whatever you like – many like a “savory” version of matzah brei, with salt, eggs, etc.)