Students Exposed To Mercury In Hazleton District

luz mercury

SUGARLOAF TOWNSHIP — Two classrooms at a school in Luzerne County are off limits following a mercury spill.

According to a post on the Hazleton Area School District’s Facebook page, a home thermometer was accidentally brought to Valley Elementary Middle School near Conyngham on Thursday and four students were exposed to a small amount of mercury.

DEP and the state health department were called and an environmental crew has been called in to clean up the mercury.

The district says the school is safe and there is no further danger to students.

Talkback 16 Online Discussion:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 27,394 other followers