Dog Dies In Fire, Home Gutted

Photo courtesy: TamaquaArea.com

Photo courtesy: TamaquaArea.com

SCHUYLKILL TOWNSHIP — A space heater is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a home in Schuylkill County.

The fire started around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday at a house on Old Route 209 Road near Tamaqua.

The fire chief says the fire started inside the home by a space heater too close to a couch.

Firefighters tried to rescue a dog from the home, but the dog did not survive.

1 Comment

Talkback 16 Online Discussion:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 27,671 other followers