Fire Destroys Home, Two Vehicles
BRIAR CREEK TOWNSHIP — A fire ripped through a home in Briar Creek Township near Berwick on Sunday afternoon.
Four adults were in the home at the time of the fire.
Fire officials said everyone got out safely, however, the fire chief said at least one dog is unaccounted for.
The blaze started around noon on Sunday.
Six fire departments responded to the fire on 1st Avenue.
Officials believe it sparked in the basement of the home in Columbia County.
“They determined that it did start in the dryer. They attempted to extinguish it and thought they had it out, but when they went to check on it, it had started back up and just took off from that point. ” Said Briar Creek Township Fire Chief Craig Fisher.
The fire chief said the house and two cars are a total loss.
Crews did manage to save a few family pictures.
The homeowners are insured and the red cross will be helping the family.