SCRANTON — Eight people were forced out of a double block home in Scranton when it caught fire.
Fire officials said the fire broke out at the home on North Main Avenue around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to crews on scene, the fire started in the kitchen on the first floor and spread to the second floor.
Three people lived in the side where the fire started. They said someone was cooking at the time. That side is badly damaged.
Five people lived in the other side. Their home has minor damage.
No one was hurt in the fire.