Modular Home Burns, Heat Tape Listed As Possible Cause

wayne fire sterling

STERLING TOWNSHIP — A woman was forced out into the cold when her home caught fire in Wayne County.

The fire started around 11 a.m. Thursday.

The fire chief says firefighters had a tough time accessing the smoldering fire at the home on Wheeler Road, near Sterling.

The trouble was underneath the modular home. Crews think it was caused by heat tape to keep pipes from freezing.

A fire marshal is investigating.

It was also difficult getting water to the rural location on top of a mountain.

Ambulance workers took the homeowner to a hospital after she was out in the cold.

Talkback 16 Online Discussion:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 27,461 other followers