Modular Home Burns, Heat Tape Listed As Possible Cause
STERLING TOWNSHIP — A woman was forced out into the cold when her home caught fire in Wayne County.
The fire started around 11 a.m. Thursday.
The fire chief says firefighters had a tough time accessing the smoldering fire at the home on Wheeler Road, near Sterling.
The trouble was underneath the modular home. Crews think it was caused by heat tape to keep pipes from freezing.
A fire marshal is investigating.
It was also difficult getting water to the rural location on top of a mountain.
Ambulance workers took the homeowner to a hospital after she was out in the cold.