Fire At Big Apple Tavern Ruled An Accident

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire

BERLIN TOWNSHIP — Newswatch 16 has learned what started a fire at a landmark tavern in Wayne County on Thursday night.

Investigators said the fire at Big Apple Country Tavern near Honesdale was an accident.

They believe it started in a chimney.

One person had to be treated for breathing in too much smoke.

The Tavern appears to be a total loss.