Horses Safe After Barn Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SOUTH CENTRE TOWNSHIP -- Fire crews in Columbia County battled smoke and flames inside a barn Thursday morning.

According to responders, the fire sparked at a barn on Chapins Road near Berwick around 6 a.m.

Firefighters said all the horses inside the barn made it out safely.

No one was hurt but the barn and a few trailers along side were heavily damaged.