Mark Kessler No Longer Police Chief

Posted on: 10:56 pm, February 20, 2014, by

GILBERTON — The mayor of Gilberton in Schuylkill County confirmed that Mark Kessler is now the borough’s former police chief.

Officials in Gilberton came to a settlement with Kessler on Thursday to retire as chief.

He became the center of a controversy in summer of last year after he posted profanity-laced videos of himself online, firing automatic weapons.

Officials in Gilberton suspended Kessler soon after that.

Now, Mark Kessler is out as police chief in Gilberton.

• fantastic issues altogether, you simply received a new reader.
    What could you suggest about your publish that you made some days in the past?
    Any sure?

• Nice respond in return of this difficulty with genuine arguments and describing the whole thing about that.

• Antonetta says:

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you
    relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what
    youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting
    videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?

• Markus says:

Link exchange is nothing else but it is simply placing
    the other person’s webpage link on your page at appropriate place and other
    person will also do similar in support of you.

• Clay says:

Hello I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was
    looking on Digg for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say
    thank you for a tremendous post and a all round thrilling
    blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all
    at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be
    back to read much more, Please do keep up the excellent
    job.

• Mike says:

He’s a wack job.

• Eugene B. says:

It’s a shame this witch hunt on gun owners is being tolerated

• Mark M. says:

This is not a gun-owner witch-hunt. This is about political divisiveness, promoting an extremist brand and the acquisition of capital from the born off the backs of ignorant, intolerant and easily deceived sheep. Educate yourself instead of grabbing your pitch-fork to rally for fabricated causes.

• The beat goes on! The war drums against the U.S. Constitution as the Ukraines Indepence goes down in smoke just a preview of what’s coming to neighborhoods near you!

• Otto Wolke says:

He should have been fired, not “retired”. I understand there has to be some compromise, but he certainly did his borough a disservice and gave legitimate gun holders a black eye. .

• Eric, please don’t generalize it makes you seem uneducated. There are some wonderful, kind people in this region. I have traveled all over the US and some parts of the world and I have found the people here to be some of the nicest. Maybe not the best educated, but they are hard working and will give you the shirt off your back-regardless of what race you are. It seems you have a chip on your shoulder and looked for the bad instead of the good. Sorry your experience hasn’t been great but I assure you it is not typical. Try to smell the roses instead of looking for weeds. Or move to the better part of the coal region. Either way, please don’t insult my area and my heritage so generally again. As I said…makes you look…simple.

• Eric says:

choppinfirewood don’t make me laugh. I have lived in several areas of your precious “coal belt” and I am not generalizing anyone. Between jobs with the public and socializing I have met more than enough locals to form an educated opinion. As for your heritage, that is a pathetic joke. You spout the same nonsense as all the other locals to try to defend this area. Also if you fully read my comment you would know that I plan on moving away from this place as soon as humanly possible. but based on your recommendation to move to another area of the coal region it seems you didn’t even completely read or understand what I wrote. So it’s clear that you are the simple one, which clearly explains why you made the statement to begin with, to feel better about your flaws. Your name says it all “choppinfirewood”. HA HA HA.

• mdog says:

Vote for me and i will close Guantanamo, or no i wont, or yes i will
    or no i wont. Face it if your a Dem you lie like a rug and Shine
    a Diamond. PA has been the most corrupt state in these 47 Great
    States or wait is that not 50 ?Does anybody remember the Shale Mountain Recycling Project to rid us of these thousands of toxic
    waste piles of coal waste for fuel ? Dems killed that one to.What happened to “Hey lets save the Planet” ? Frack Me. Rock on Mark
    its a Free for All after all !

• Clem says:

Waiting for the lawsuit.

• He’s a complete clown who wanted his 15 minutes and got exactly that! He created this phantom situation where someone was coming to take his guns just like the rest of the Looney Nugent like whackjobs out there who act ike they are in the militia. He demonstrated how unstable he is and how dangerous with his veiled threats and demonstrations and people like him we do not need carrying a badge and gun! The town of Gilberton and the entire State of Pennsylvania just became a better place!

• Red Tornado Exile says:

I heard Mark on one of his radio shows badmouthing the folks of the Coal Region. He said he, “couldn’t wait” to leave and go to Florida and be with the Serbu folks. It made me sad to hear coal country get disrespected by one of its own, but now I understand that Kessler just doesn’t understand how good people really are in Anthracite country. They are hard working, sometimes hard-living people with hometown pride and common sense. It’s too bad that Kessler let 2A issues drive him to extremes. I don’t think he helped me keep my guns, he made it harder for rational gun owners to be just that. We had to explain away his behavior as an atypical aberration among otherwise responsible gun owners. His, “come and take it,” refrain came true for him, sadly and ironically.
    We have full auto guns, .50 caliber guns, and even home-made 20 mm rifles here in my little Vermont town. No one is threatening those guns. We don’t have any hard-hitting videos starring those guns around here, except at sanctioned full auto shoots up north in Eden.
    I’m sad for Mark that he lost so much trying to preserve a right that was not under threat. Here in my exile in Vermont guns are a normal and strong tradition with no change in sight. I think it’s the same in my beloved Coal Region today, also.
    When Mark boasted last summer that he was number two behind Ted Nugent in You Tube hits, I realized what the real motivation was for the video productions. We all like the popularity tickle once in a while.
    I wish the best for Mark Kessler and his family now that his case with Gilberton has been resolved. I hope the BB gun issue is worked out well for everyone involved, too. It all was a memorable and dramatic episode in Schuylkill County, PA. I’ll look forward to hearing that Mark has a good soft landing in his new role with the large video production company. I’ll look for him on Info Wars.com, too, maybe.
    Mark, you followed your passions and acted on your ideals. Those are usually great qualities in a person, vs. apathy and inaction. You just did it all with hot sauce and unnecessary potty mouth.
    I hope that someday you’ll see that your criticism of your Pennsylvania community members was misplaced, and that they will forgive you.
    How shall we refer to you from now on, is “Chief” still OK to use in your name? It should be, like Governor Palin and President Clinton are still acceptable. Be good, be safe, and keep in touch with your Coal Region roots if you move to other regions, Chief.
    Sincerely, Red Tornado Exile.

• Eric says:

Red Tornado Exile you are completely and totally out of your mind. I am fed up with people like you trying to defend this area. From your statement it’s clear that you were born and raised here, so you have no idea how to recognize good people. I’m not from this area, and very proud of it, so I know what it’s like to live in a positive community full of decent people. My family unfortunately moved to this area when I was young and I will never ever forget my experiences meeting neighbors and in school. A very small handful of people were decent, but the majority were the most vile disgusting humans I have ever met. Racist, uneducated and violent, young and old. The neighborhood I lived in is being overrun with crime and “outsiders” as they are called, just like the rest of the area. That is what I calI poetic justice. lol. If I’m in the area I will visit the old neighborhood and see all the people who are still living there, suffering and miserable. Funny how all of the abusive a-holes are stuck living among the “outsiders” they despise while the rest have moved on to live better lives. That neighborhood is just a small example of this entire region, which is why it doesn’t stand a chance of recoving and never will. Street gangs migrating here certainly sealed that fate. Anyone who believes this to be a decent place to live should do some travelling and see it is not. Not long before I have enough money saved to relocate to the western United States! It’s been hell living here, but that will only make my new home that much better. I guess this area and the people did do me a small unintended favor, they made the rest of the country and the world way more awesome by comparison.

• Red Tornado Exile says:

Eric: Wow, thank you for the update and reality check about the Coal Region character. I may be wrong about it and living in the past. I may have been stereotyping in a positive way when the details are more complex. I am getting older, more nostalgic, and I may have drifted out of my mind. I appreciate the feedback.
        I visit my friends in Shenandoah when I’m home for the holidays, and I do see the negative aspects around there. I watch the news regularly online on WNEP and am saddened by all the crime. I guess that you are right, my judgement of people may have deteriorated during my exile here in Polly Anna Vermont. Still, I love my roots in Northumberland, Schuylkill and columbia counties. There, I learned respect and compassion and tolerance. Go figure, right? What an oddball I must be, living in that past. I wish you well in your journeys into other regions. Red Tornado Exile.

• Rob says:

There is good and bad, no matter where you live. Granted some places are likely better than others, but if you are that unhappy then leave. I’m sure your neighbors and such will likely not miss you, being how miserable you are and your low opinion of them. And yes, I have lived in three different states and have visited many others, but for me PA is home.

• Todd Reeder says:

One reason he was in trouble was he used the town weapons without permission. He donated the weapons. But took them without permission. He no longer owned them because he donated them to the town. And I think he made threats against people.

• Todd Reeder says:

Call the FBI and make threats against the president. Then try to use freedom of speech as your defense.

• John Walter says:

I will never understand how it is that our fore fathers gave us the right to free speech but yet so many people are prosecuted for exercising that right.