Fire Destroys Candle-Making Factory
BARRETT TWP — The facility that makes Mountainhome Candles went up in flames Saturday morning in Monroe County.
The fire did not affect the company’s retail store but thousands of dollars worth of supplies and machinery were lost in the fire.
The owner says this is the second time the factory located behind their store has burned in the past few years.
He did not have insurance on the factory.
The owner believes a propane leak make have caused the fire in Monroe County.
Their retail store is still open at this time.