Blow Torch May Have Sparked a House Fire


NANTICOKE — Fire crews believe someone was trying to unfreeze pipes in their home with a blow torch when a fire started in Luzerne County Wednesday evening.

Authorities said the fire broke out around 5:30 at a home in the 100 block of Loomis Street in Nanticoke.

Firefighters put the fire out quickly.

No one was hurt.

The family cannot stay in the home in Luzerne County until repairs are made.

2 comments

Talkback 16 Online Discussion:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s