Blow Torch May Have Sparked a House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


NANTICOKE -- Fire crews believe someone was trying to unfreeze pipes in their home with a blow torch when a fire started in Luzerne County Wednesday evening.

Authorities said the fire broke out around 5:30 at a home in the 100 block of Loomis Street in Nanticoke.

Firefighters put the fire out quickly.

No one was hurt.

The family cannot stay in the home in Luzerne County until repairs are made.

2 comments

Comments are closed.