Four Pets Killed in Fire
LEHMAN TOWNSHIP — A family’s pets were killed in a fire Sunday morning in Luzerne County.
Smoke was pouring from the home on Silkworth Place Lane in Lehman Township when Newswatch 16 got there shortly after 10 a.m.
According to family, the owners were at church when the place caught fire.
Three dogs and a cat were killed.
Fire crews from five departments in the back mountain had to truck-in water in order to fight the flames because there were no hydrants in the area.
One neighbor said he couldn’t get to the pets.
“I heard wood crackling. I looked out the window, and the neighbor’s house was on fire. I ran over and tried to get their dogs out, and I couldn’t get in,” said James Fasulo, a neighbor.
No one was hurt. There is no word how much damage there is to the home or what sparked the fire.