School Closings & Delays

Fire Forced Family Out of Home

SCRANTON — Flames forced a family out of their home in Scranton.

Smoke billowed from the home in the 1,300 block of Price Street as firefighters tried to douse the flames.

The fire started just before 2:30 p.m. Sunday.

Authorities said a couple and two children were home at the time. They got out safely.

A friend of the family said the flames started when a grease fire broke out and spread.

Firefighters evacuated the home next door as a precaution.

The American Red Cross is helping the family after the fire.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 37,731 other followers