Man Charged in Wilkes-Barre Homicide
WILKES-BARRE — Wilkes-Barre police filed charges Wednesday in connection with one of last year’s 13 homicides in the city, and the man is already locked up in Columbia County.
Police say a security camera caught a deadly shooting in September at the Boulevard Townhomes in Wilkes-Barre.
It’s the video that helped police charge Jordan Stevens, 27, of Wilkes-Barre with criminal homicide, aggravated assault, and recklessly endangering another person.
Gail Morris lives down the street from where the shooting happened.
“Real scary. I mean they said someone was shot dead right out in front, just less than 100 feet away,” said Morris.
According to court documents, video showed Jordan Stevens shooting at three men as they walked past him up these stairs early that September morning. One of the men, Christopher Narainasami, was shot in the head and died the next day.
Stevens was soon named a person of interest, and just a few weeks later was locked up in Columbia County for a parole violation. He was previously convicted of robbery.
One man who did not want to be identified told Newswatch 16 he knows the victim’s father. He says it’s been a rough couple of months for him.
“He was going nuts. He was crazy. He was crying. He misses his son every day. All you hear about is shootings anymore, and it’s getting ridiculous.”
The motive for the shooting is still unclear, but witnesses told police that Stevens mentioned he was “on a mission” that night. Neighbors say they’re just glad someone has been charged.
“I’m just very grateful. I guess it’s one less criminal on the streets that we fear for,” said Morris.
Jordan Stevens is locked up in Columbia County for those prior charges. It’s unclear when he’ll appear in court in Luzerne County for the homicide charge.