State Police Tip Line: 1 (866) 326-7256
School Closings & Delays

Fire At Natural Gas Site

AUBURN TOWNSHIP — Fire crews in Susquehanna County had to deal with the frigid temperatures while fighting a fire near a gas well.

The temperature was right around zero when a trailer at a gas well near Springville caught fire just before midnight Tuesday.

A state police fire marshal said the fire was an accident caused by an electrical problem.

This well is run by Chesapeake Energy.

Officials have not said what was inside the trailer or how bad the damage is.

2 comments

  • Jimbob

    If it’s on a drilling site it’s nothing harmful, they keep dry mud in trailers, and drill bits. Some of the trailers are used in housing, and some belong to directional drillers, ask a rig hand what’s on location, not a New Jersey hoby hoser…

Talkback 16 Online Discussion:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 31,175 other followers