UPDATE 10 a.m. Friday — Speed restrictions on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Interstate highways have been lifted.
PennDOT and the Pennsylvania Turnpike have reduced speeds on highways because of weather conditions.
PennDOT has reduced the speed limit to 45 mph on the following highways:
- Interstate 80
- Interstate 81
- Interstate 84
- Interstate 380
- PA 33
The Turnpike has issued a weather advisory on I-476 between Clarks Summit (131) and the Mid-County (20) toll facility.
Also, between midnight and 5 a.m. Friday morning, these types of vehicles will be prohibited from traveling on Interstate 84:
- Class 9 vehicles (Overweight and over-dimensional trucks);
- Empty straight trucks;
- Large Combination Vehicles (tandem trailers and doubles);
- Tractors hauling empty trailers;
- Trailers pulled by passenger vehicles;
- Motorcycles; and
- Recreational Vehicles, or RVs.