Fire Chief: Fire Caused by Heating Gun

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
luz fire 1-1-14

DURYEA — Fire broke out at a double block home in Luzerne County on Wednesday.

It happened around 5:45 p.m. at the house on Lackawanna Avenue in Duryea.

The fire chief said it started when the man who lives there tried to unfreeze his pipes with a heating gun.

No one was hurt.

Firefighters said there is heavy damage to the back of the home, but they were able to save most of the home.

The Red Cross is helping the victim.