State Police Tip Line: 1 (866) 326-7256

Fire Inside Mall Parking Garage

SCRANTON — Fire broke out inside the Mall at Steamtown parking garage in Scranton as hundreds of people were trying to finish their holiday shopping.

Firefighters were called to the lower-level parking garage around 3:30 p.m. on Sunday for a car fire which filled the garage with smoke.

Some folks said they were stuck in the garage for over two hours. No one who had a vehicle parked there could get in during that time either.

Authorities said the fire was contained to the parking garage and did not spread to the mall.

Only the garage was shut, the stores in the mall stayed open.


Related Stories


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 34,247 other followers