Police in Carbon County are trying to track down the person responsible for starting a fire inside a mall in Carbon County.
The fire damaged at least one business, others were left with several inches of water, all at a pretty busy time of the year.
On Monday some stores at the Carbon Plaza Mall near Lehighton were still drying out. Others weren't so lucky, they were still closed.
Over the weekend police say someone intentionally started a fire inside of Beverly Hills Nail Salon setting off the sprinklers.
"It really hurts. It's hard to see that. Hard to see that like everything is broken," Lynh Kin, salon owner said.
Owner Lyhn Kin showed Newswatch 16 the damage inside of the salon. Many shoppers also stopped by, shocked to hear what happened.
"It is just a shame you know what they have done to it," Kim Henry of Bowmanstown said.
The salon owner believes someone came through the back entrance, starting not one but two fires inside.
Kin hopes to re-open the salon in a few weeks.
"Now we try to go, we try to open soon and we clean up the whole thing here. We try to open soon," Kin said.
As for the other stores flooded by water, business is back to normal.
Workers at Pizza Como USA say they're sad for their friends next door, but they're grateful the fire wasn't any worse.
"A couple of stores in the mall here, the bank, Gamestop, Hallmark they all got pretty flooded, including us. We probably had about two inches of water throughout our whole place," Salvatore Caruso of Pizza Como USA said.
Back at Beverly Hills Nail Salon, Kin says it'll be a lot of work to get back up and running.
Some of her customers hope they can re-open soon...especially with the holidays just days away.
"I wanted to come for New Year's to get my nails done. Hopefully they'll be open," Henry said.
Anyone with information on this investigation is asked to call Mahoning Township Police.