WNEP Facebook
WNEP Facebook

Follow WNEP on Facebook

Fire at Restaurant, Building Evacuated

Posted on: 9:10 pm, October 24, 2013, by , updated on: 10:13pm, October 24, 2013

perkins fire

MIDDLE SMITHFIELD TOWNSHIP — A restaurant in Monroe County was evacuated because of a fire.

Fire crews said someone threw a cigarette into some mulch outside of Perkins Restaurant near Marshalls Creek.

The fire, which started during the dinner rush, spread to a wall.

The restaurant filled with smoke.

All of the food in that Perkins must be thrown out, and everything has to be cleaned.

Officials said the restaurant won’t reopen until at least Saturday.

1 Comment

Talkback 16 Online Discussion:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

live_truck_image_station_ad
Newswatch 16 Live Streaming

NOW with Newswatch 16 replays!