Gas Smell Prompts Evacuation

cdl ymca

CARBONDALE — A gas company has given the all-clear after a YMCA in Lackawanna County was evacuated because of a gas smell.

People were told to leave this YMCA in Carbondale Monday morning.

Police say they closed Church Street when they heard reports of a strong odor.

UGI officials say a screw was loose, causing the leak.

Workers quickly stopped the leak.

The YMCA reopened after the gas leak in Carbondale.

Talkback 16 Online Discussion:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 27,700 other followers