WNEP Facebook
WNEP Facebook

Follow WNEP on Facebook

People Treated for CO Poisoning After Attending Movie Theater

Posted on: 10:36 pm, October 12, 2013, by

BER THEATRE

BERWICK — Berwick Hospital confirmed 17 people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after attending a movie theater in Berwick.

The people were treated Friday night at the hospital and released.

According to the theater’s Facebook page, a blocked flue in the furnace caused the gas to leak out of the projection room.

The theaters owners posted this message on Saturday:

“The problem has been rectified! We have been deemed safe to open for business! Fire Chief William Coolbaugh came to double check that the premise is safe! As a token of our appreciation, we would like to invite all firemen or emergency response members that responded last night to enjoy the movie for free tonight.”

Talkback 16 Online Discussion:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

live_truck_image_station_ad
Newswatch 16 Live Streaming

NOW with Newswatch 16 replays!