WILKES-BARRE — A Luzerne County man was convicted on all counts including second-degree murder, robbery, and conspiracy in connection with a 2012 beating death in Hazleton.
Breon Judon, 20, was convicted by a jury Monday night after almost four hours of deliberations.
“There’s no justice in the justice system, that’s all I can say,” said Judon on the way out of the courthouse in Wilkes-Barre.
In court as the verdict was read, Judon’s family reacted with tears. One family member collapsed sobbing onto the ground.
Judon was convicted of robbing and murdering Aaron Reznick, 29, in Hazleton last year.
Investigators said Judon and Mitchell Dedes, 18, robbed Reznik at gunpoint, stole his iPhone, kidnapped him, stripped him, stuck him in the trunk of a car and beat him.
“This was a planned robbery from the beginning. It was plotted and when they didn’t get that they wanted, it turned into a kidnapping which then resulted in his death, ultimately,” said Luzerne County Assistant District Attorney Dan Zola.
Reznick was found lying in the street in his underwear and socks. He died at a hospital about a week later.
Dedes pleaded guilty to third-degree murder in the case.
Judon said Dedes killed Reznick.
“That is definitely what we had argued here, in this case and, like I said, I think some things admitted into the record that we feel is an appealable issue that is preserved for the record,” said Judon’s attorney Allyson Kazmarski.
A second-degree murder carries a penalty of life behind bars.
Judon plans to appeal.