Gas Line Leak Near Lackawanna County School
ARCHBALD — School officials think a lightning strike Wednesday night may have caused a gas leak in Lackawanna County.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called out to Valley View High School in Archbald after 9 a.m. Thursday when a maintenance worker heard a hissing sound in the area of the sports complex.
UGI crews worked to find the break and shut off the gas valve.
The district believes lightning hit a pole and may have damaged the gas line.
The leak did not affect classes at the school.