Two firefighter instructors were taken to the hospital during a training course in Stroud Township Saturday afternoon.
Chief Bruce Owens of the Stroud Township Fire Department told Newswatch 16 they responded to the fire at the former Hickory Farms Ham House along Hickory Valley Road around 1 p.m.
Officials said a group of firefighters were at the building for a firefighter training course.
Owens said the building was abandoned and is used for training.
“Part of the class, they were teaching, was a burn class in part of the modular and I guess it got away from them,” Owens said.
The two firefighters were taken to Pocono Regional Medical Center after suffering from heat exhaustion.