live_truck_image_station_ad
Newswatch 16 Live Streaming

NOW with Newswatch 16 replays!

Fire Marshal: Overloaded Electrical Outlet Sparked Fire

Posted on: 5:08 pm, July 7, 2013, by , updated on: 06:43pm, July 7, 2013

SHENANDOAH — A fire marshal said an overloaded electrical outlet sparked a fire at a home in Schuylkill County.

Fire crews were called to the home on West Penn Street in Shenandoah around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.

The home was empty. Authorities said the family who lives there is on vacation.

A couple living next door was forced out for a time. Their home suffered minor damage from the fire.

WNEP Facebook
WNEP Facebook

Follow WNEP on Facebook