MONROETON -- A man from Bradford County is still in the hospital with severe burns following an accident more than a month ago.
This weekend, the community will come together to help Dan Fassett and his family.
Wednesday was the first time Leslie Fassett met two of the men who helped her husband, Dan, the day a fire in the family garage near Monroeton left the father of two with severe burns.
Nick Kellogg and Bryan Millage came upon the fire in mid may during a work-day for Chesapeake Energy.
The fire caused by an exploding lawnmower gas tank left Dan Fassett with third-degree burns over more than half of his upper body. He is still being treated at Lehigh Valley Hospital.
"I don't know if it was instinct or what kicked in, we just jumped out, started throwing stuff out-of-the-way to put the fire extinguisher out," said Kellogg.
The Fassett's garage is still standing thanks to the quick actions of the two Chesapeake workers. It was Millage's first day in the field, and he just had first aid training a few days before.
"Using cold compress on him, that was taught to us that day, to use cold compresses instead of pouring water on him," said Millage.
"We would have lost our garage. Very thankful they were in the right place at the right time," said Leslie Fassett.
Now Fassett waits for her husband to recover and is overwhelmed by the support from the community. A benefit is planned this weekend and Fassett said there's still a long way to go.
"Many months possibly many years before he's completely recovered."
Saturday a benefit will be held at the Asylum VFW from noon until whenever it ends including a chicken BBQ, raffles and prizes, to help the Fassett family in their time of need.