WNEP Facebook
WNEP Facebook

Follow WNEP on Facebook

Hotel Cleared Out After Pool Incident

Posted on: 11:22 am, June 18, 2013, by

PORTER TOWNSHIP — An explosion at a hotel in Clinton County forced some guests from their rooms Tuesday morning.

It happened around 9:30 a.m. at the Comfort Inn near Lamar.

The hotel’s general manager says an employee suffered minor injuries when the equipment that feeds chlorine tablets to the pool exploded. He was taken to a hospital.

The hotel was evacuated when fire crews got on scene, including about 10 guest rooms and 15 employees.

The building was evacuated as a precaution and fans were used to air out the hotel. By 11 a.m., business was back to normal.

Emergency officials say chlorine has can be deadly but in this instance, the chlorine tablets are commonly used for swimming pools and don’t pose serious risks.

live_truck_image_station_ad
Newswatch 16 Live Streaming

NOW with Newswatch 16 replays!