MILTON – One day after all kinds of law enforcement carried out box after box of items from an environmental cleanup company in central Pennsylvania, those same law enforcement agencies refuse to say anything about why they did what they did.
The owner of the business, however, issued a statement Thursday.
Minuteman Environmental Services responded with a one-page statement, chalking up the investigation to former disgruntled employees who’ve been speaking to the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General.
Minuteman calls the investigation baseless, but the statement does not mention what the raid was about leaving us no closer to finding out why the raid was done in the first place.
One day after the Feds and state agents raided Minuteman Environmental Services in the Milton Industrial Park the company’s headquarters were back to normal.
Wednesday’s raid lasted all day. Questions as to why it happened and what investigators were looking for are still unanswered.
The FBI, state environmental regulators, and special agents with the PA Office of Attorney General made for quite the scene. They removed boxes filled with evidence, leaving neighbors in the dark.
“Is it environmental, is it money? Who knows, it will be interesting,” said neighbor Mary Bobb.
Minuteman hauls and disposes waste for the natural gas industry.
According to business officials, the company went on a hiring spree when it opened at the new location a couple of years ago.
The Central PA Chamber of Commerce named Minuteman Environmental Services Business of the Year in 2012.
“They brought a lot of jobs to the area, good paying jobs, and really helped the economy locally,” said Bruce Smith of the Central PA Chamber of Commerce.
Now the owner, Brian Bolus, is responding to Wednesday’s raid.
“Since there has been no wrongdoing, it is not surprising that the OAG’s investigation has disclosed no credible evidence of improper conduct,” said the statement from the company.
Bolus’ home near Lewisburg was also raided Wednesday. The company said Mrs. Bolus was handcuffed and put on the floor next to the couple’s 8-year-old child.
And at Minuteman headquarters, the company statement said employees were handcuffed as well, ordered out of the building into the heat. Minuteman claims the raid left the company’s offices damaged.
As for the investigation, the Minuteman statement said:
“However baseless the investigation, however crude the tactics, our company continues to operate as we always have – - honestly.”
Investigators are still not saying anything about what the raid was about Wednesday.
Newswatch 16 reported Wednesday that Governor Tom Corbett visited Minuteman headquarters early last year calling it an “American success story.”
Campaign finance records indicate Minuteman’s owner, Brian Bolus, gave $10,000 to Corbett’s gubernatorial campaign in 2009-2010.