Firefighters Called Twice To Same Home
FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP — Firefighters were called back Tuesday Morning to a house in Carbon County that burned the night before. The people who live in the house, immigrants from Poland, lost everything.
Firefighters were called back to a home on Forest Street near Lehighton to put out hot spots which flared seven hours after crews left the scene.
Fire Chief Bruce Wolfe said he’s not surprised the flames rekindled.
“It’s a double plank home the way they used to build them 100 years ago and it’s heavy timber construction and hollow walls and fire gets in everywhere.”
The fire victims, immigrants from Poland, were not at home when flames tore through their house. The husband and wife are now staying with their daughter.
Violet Mystkowski said seeing the home in ruins is very emotional.
“It’s shock, it`s shock! I can’t even describe that`s my first time I come here and see this house, terrible, terrible.”
Mystkowski explained how her mother and father bought the property about 10 years ago, because it reminded them of their homeland.
“I love it, love it so much, it`s like Poland, it’s quite, nice green. It’s freedom for the kids especially, I have three kids it’s especially beautiful for them,” Mystkowski said.
No one was hurt in the fire and the family says they have insurance.
A state police fire marshal has been called in to determine the exact cause of the blaze, although the fire chief said it does not appear suspicious.