Cause Released for Fire in Village of Atlas
MOUNT CARMEL TOWNSHIP — A fire marshal said an electrical problem sparked the fire that destroyed an apartment house Saturday in Northumberland County.
Firefighters were called to the building on West Girard Street in the Village of Atlas around 3:30 p.m.
According to published reports, investigators said a faulty electrical outlet caused the blaze.
There have been three other fires in the past week and a half in the same five block area as Saturday’s fire.
Fire officials in Northumberland County said those three fires are suspicious but the one on Saturday is not.