Fire At Taylor Businesses

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
lacka taylor fire

TAYLOR — The owner of a laundromat and car wash in Lackawanna County used a garden hose to put out a fire at the businesses before firefighters arrived.

Firefighters think an electrical problem sparked the fire at Ultra Wash along North Main Street in Taylor around 11:30 a.m. Monday.

The fire was kept to a small area inside the wall thanks to the owner dousing the flames with a garden hose.

EMTs in Lackawanna County had to be treated the owner on scene for breathing smoke.