UPDATE: Arrest Made In Deadly Hit and Run

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WILKES-BARRE -- Four months after a boy was struck and killed by a hit and run driver in Wilkes-Barre, police have made an arrest in the case.

Kevin Miller, 5, was leaving a Christmas party with his family December 21, 2012, when the child was hit by a car and killed as he crossed North Street in Wilkes-Barre.

Just days after the hit and run death, prosecutors in Luzerne County called Thomas Letteer, 23, of Plains Township, a person of interest in the case.kevin miller

Letteer quickly hid his face as he was led into a magistrate's office in Plains Township.

He is charged with "accidents causing death or personal injury" for a hit and run that killed 5-year-old Kevin Miller in December.

"This is a great day. the family has been informed and it`s been a very emotional case, so far," said Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis

Police believe Letteer was driving his father's red Pontiac Grand Am when he hit Kevin Miller as the boy was walking home from a Christmas party with his father.

Miller later died at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.

Surveillance videos helped police connect the car to Letteer within days.

According to court papers, prosecutors hired a video expert from Washington State to compare surveillance videos with car scans and a 3d model of the location to determine if Letteer's car was, in fact, the car driven in the hit and run.

"It pretty much tells us this is the car, and that makes this case a solid case," said Salavantis.

Latteer told police he drove the Grand Am that night but never drove it through Wilkes-Barre.

But cell phone records show Latteer making calls that night that were traced to a cell tower just a few blocks from the hit and run.

Prosecutors say Latteer still denies being in Wilkes-Barre on the night of the crash.

"He has not been cooperative. He did appear for questioning in the beginning but there is no sign of remorse at this point," said Salavantis.

Latteer's neighbors say they're happy police made an arrest.

That was the worst of it all and the fact that somebody doesn`t even have the courtesy to stop and you have to know when you hit something," said Debbie Atherholt of Plains Township.

Just two weeks after the child's death, police impounded the car from Lateer's home, but the process of connecting the car and Lateer to the incident took time.

In late January, authorities received a second search warrant and even blocked off west North Street to perform a post-crash inspection.

Letteer is locked up on $200,000 bail.

He's due back in court next week.